The Federal Government have today released their legislative guidance for the JobKeeper alternative decline in revenue test.
There are seven different scenarios they have outlined where an entity may use the alternative test periods rather than the same comparable period 12 months ago as required by the basic decline in revenue test.
The broad scenarios are
1. A newly commenced business
2. A business acquisition or disposal event that changed the entities turnover
3. A business restructure that changed the entities turnover
4. A business that experienced a substantial increase in turnover during the last 12 months.
5. A business affected by drought or natural disaster
6. A business with an irregular turnover
7. A sole trader or small partnership with sickness, injury or leave
These additional options should provide greater access to the JobKeeper program